An actor must not drive a Ferrari – level 3
Adam Driver, the star of the film ‘Ferrari’, unveiled that he wasn’t permitted to drive the iconic Ferrari race cars featured in the movie due to insurance reasons.
Directed by Michael Mann, the film depicts a crucial year in the life of Enzo Ferrari in 1957 as he grapples with business challenges, personal trauma, and rivalry with Maserati on the racetrack. The movie showcases thrilling scenes of the red sports cars participating in the perilous Mille Miglia road race in Italy. While Driver couldn’t get behind the wheel of a Ferrari, his co-star Patrick Dempsey did drive exact replicas of the open-topped cars, despite the lack of safety measures.
The film not only replicated the cars visually but also captured their authentic sounds, including those from an old Maserati racer. ‘Ferrari’ is in competition for the Golden Lion award at the Venice Film Festival.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What challenges did Enzo Ferrari face in 1957 that the movie captures?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.