An app can detect COVID-19 – level 1
People with COVID-19 have many symptoms. Pink eyes are one of the symptoms. Scientists know more than two million different kinds of pink color. They know which color is usual for people with COVID-19.
Scientists in one German company make a special app. This app can detect COVID-19.
It is very easy to use it. You install the app in your smartphone. You take a picture of one of your eyes. Then you must wait three to five minutes. The app sends you a message. It tells you if you have COVID-19 or not.
The app also checks your temperature, heartbeat, and eye infection. It helps to get the correct result. The result is correct in 95% of cases.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.