An app can detect COVID-19 – level 3
Specialists realized that there was a connection between COVID-19, and the pink coloring in the sclera, the so-called pink eye syndrome.
Scientists have managed to isolate the pink color of COVID-19 from over two million different pink shades and put it into an app. Using a patented Artificial Intelligence, the app is able to determine within just three to five minutes if a person has a COVID-19 infection. This method could usher in a new era of testing with a hit rate of 95% by taking an image of the right or left eye with any smartphone. The system also reads out the disease from a possible conjunctivitis, current blood pressure, pulse, and body temperature.
The German company Semic RF hopes for a US roll out in May 2021, and it is waiting for regulatory approval by US authorities.
Difficult words: sclera (the white outer layer of the eye), usher in (to indicate that something is about to begin), conjunctivitis (an infection that causes redness and inflammation or irritation of the eye).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.