An underwater robot – level 3
Scientists at Tethys Robotics, a spin-off of ETH Zurich, have created an underwater robotic drone capable of performing tasks that are too risky for human divers.
The autonomous vehicle is designed for challenging environments like murky channels and rivers, serving as an alternative when traditional search and rescue methods are ineffective. The Tethys robot is equipped with a replaceable lithium battery, providing up to four hours of operation on a single charge.
The robot weighs 30 kg in water, can reach speeds of 2 meters per second, and has a fiber optics cable range of up to 10 km.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What tasks does the Tethys robot enable that are too risky for humans to undertake?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.