An Underwater Surprise – level 2
A person in Arizona was snorkelling in the Colorado River when he discovered something shocking – two human skeletons!
He called police to the site and found out that the skeletons were not real. What’s more, they were relaxing and enjoying a tea party.
Two divers placed the skeletons Bernie and Bernadette in the river in August 2014. They did it for fun.
The skeletons may bring more tourists to the area.
Difficult words: snorkel (when you have your head under the water and breathe through a tube – a snorkel), skeleton (all of the bones in somebody’s body), site (a place where something special happened).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.