An unusual friend – level 2
An 80-year-old man named Xavier Bouget from Brittany, France, was walking near his home. He saw a baby pigeon fall to the ground. The pigeon was trying to fly away from a cat.
When he came home, he told his wife about the bird. His wife asked him why he did not bring the bird home. Bouget went back and he brought the bird home in his pocket. It was the start of a very unusual friendship.
Bouget called the pigeon Blanchon. Blanchon follows the man everywhere. He sits on Bouget’s shoulder when he is riding a bike. He helps the man in his workshop and works with him in the garden. Many people asked Bouget how it was possible to be friends with a pigeon. Bouget said that he watched the bird, and he respected the way he lived.
Difficult words: friendship (when two or more people are friends together), workshop (a room where somebody makes or repairs things), respect (to care about how people feel and what is important for them).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.