Andy Murray’s Career – level 3
Scottish-British tennis star Andy Murray, has undergone hip surgery to end the painful injury which may have brought the Scot’s professional career to an end.
Before the surgery, he admitted, after his first-round loss to Roberto Bautista Agut at the Australian Open, that the tournament could be his last.
On his Instagram, Murray said that he felt ‘a bit battered’ after the operation which included inserting a piece of metal into his pelvic socket. Despite the health problems, he hopes to recover in time to make his final appearance at Wimbledon and retire at the age of 31.
Difficult words: battered (injured, sad, tired, not good), pelvic (relating to pelvis – the large bone frame where your legs start), socket (a space for the leg to be connected to the pelvis).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos