Anger in France – level 2
There was an attack on a people in France again. People put down flowers and candles for those who died in the attack. This time, it happened in Nice. People who met in the streets are scared and angry.
One lady said that people think that these attacks always happen in other places. But when it happens in your home, it touches you directly.
Another lady was angry and she shouted that there was a lack of security that allowed the attacks to happen.
Difficult words: security (protection from bad things), allow (let something happen).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.