Animals eat ice – level 2
Temperatures reached 35 degrees Celsius last week at Seoul Grand Park Zoo. The animals were hot, so zookeepers give them iced food to cool down.
Elephants tucked into big blocks of fruit and iced watermelons. After having their ice lunch, they also cooled off in a cold shower.
Siberian tigers were even fed with iced beef liver. Lemurs entertained the zoo visitors as they ate their frozen food.
Watching animals eating the ice fruit to cool down has become one of the zoo’s most popular attractions.
Difficult words: tuck into (to eat food happily), liver (a large organ in the belly), lemur (one type of animal which lives only in Madagascar).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Is it hot in your country, too?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos