Animals in Britain – level 3
In Great Britain, the government is targeting puppy farms to ensure animal welfare in its new plans to ban third-party sales of puppies and kittens.
Michael Gove, the Environment Secretary, said that there is a big problem in Britain (and in Europe) with puppy farming because, at the moment, there are thousands of animals brought up in horrendous conditions and their lives are blighted.
The ban means that pet shops and other commercial dealers will no longer be able to sell kittens or puppies, and those looking for a pet under 6 months old will have to deal with breeders or rescue centres.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.