Animals in Danger – level 1
There are wildfires in Australia. These wildfires are very dangerous. They destroy a lot of land. They kill many animals. Officials say that more than a billion animals are dead.
Rescuers try to help the animals that run away from the fires. They use helicopters to drop carrots and sweet potatoes to hungry animals.
A lot of animals are injured. They are burned. It is hard for them to breathe. Many volunteers work hard to help these animals.
The fires are very strong. There is dry weather and strong winds. It is very difficult to stop the fires.
Last week, the weather changes. Firefighters hope to get the fires under control.
Difficult words: wildfire (a very large and dangerous fire that moves quickly, a fire that burns in the wild or the forest), drop (to make something fall), volunteer (a person who works and does not get any money for the work), get under control (to make something change how you want it to change).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.