Animals in Shows – level 2
France has banned wild animals in circuses and marine parks. The French minister said that the country must protect the health and good lives of animals in shows.
Three French marine parks must not use or breed dolphins and killer whales. It is also not possible to build new marine aquariums. Over the next few years, it will not be possible to use wild animals like tigers, lions, elephants and bears in circuses; however, the new law does not apply to zoos.
France is also going to close down mink farms where farmers breed minks for their soft brown fur. People think that mink fur is a luxury; however, minks live in very poor situations.
The French government wants to help people who work in circuses and marine parks. They will have to find other jobs, and the government wants to give them money to make it easier for them.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.