Animals in Shows – level 3
France is going to gradually ban the use of wild animals in entertainment over the next several years. The country´s minister of ecological transition announced this, pointing out that the animal welfare was a priority.
Starting immediately, three French marine parks will not be allowed to bring in or breed dolphins and killer whales, and no new marine aquariums can be built. Eventually, traveling circuses will not be allowed to showcase wild animals like tigers, lions, elephants, and bears. However, the ban does not apply to wild animals in zoos. The new law will also bring an end to mink farming, where animals are raised for their fur.
The French government has approved a $9.2 million package to help people who are currently working in circuses and marine parks to find other jobs.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.