Animals in the water – level 1
It rains heavily in Argentina. Some cattle is in danger. Farmers must help their animals. They show them the way across a river.
The animals must swim in the water. Some animals are not strong enough. They need special help. People put these animals on their boats.
The river water goes up. The famous Iguazu Falls are closed to visitors.
Difficult words: heavily (a lot), cattle (animals for meat or milk).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you have floods in your city?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos