Animals in the water – level 2
Torrential rains and flooding threatened the lives of cattle and horses in Argentina. Local farmers had to guide their cows, bulls and horses across a river to safety.
The animals swam and waded through the water. Some of them needed special assistance or even rides on a boat.
Torrential rain caused river water levels to surge. The famous Iguazu Falls was closed to visitors. The walkways and viewpoints were flooded.
Difficult words: torrential (heavy), wade (walk through water), surge (go up).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you have floods in your city?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.