Animals on Planes – level 2
The American Department of Transportation sent out guidelines for airlines and passengers. The department says that airlines can no longer ban specific types of cats or dogs.
For instance, this is something that Delta Air Lines did last year. It banned “pit bull type dogs” because some employees were bitten by them. However, airlines can still say that they will not take an animal on board if it looks dangerous.
For example, passengers who need the help of service animals do not have to let airlines know in advance that they are taking the animal. However, if you are bringing an animal for “emotional support”, you have to let the airline know ahead of time.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.