Anti-Fascist Rallies in Italy – level 1
In Italy, opinion polls show that people are not happy. They think that immigrants take their jobs. They also think that they bring crime.
Other people do not like this. This makes them afraid. Anti-fascist protesters come out to the streets. They hold large meetings in big cities in Italy. Government leaders come to a meeting in Rome.
Difficult words: opinion poll (when many people answer a question to see what they think), anti-fascist (a person who does not like the idea that a government stops its people from having freedom), immigrant (a person who comes from another country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.