Anti-Valentine’s Day protest – level 1
This news is about Valentine’s Day. Do you like it? Well, some people do not. One group in India protests against it.
Some men ride on motorbikes. They stop when they see a couple. They harass the couple.
The protesters also organise a wedding. It is a wedding between two dogs.
Difficult words: protest (to show that you don’t like something), couple (two people who like or love each other), harass (to make someone feel bad), wedding (an event when two people marry – say that they love each other very much and become man and wife).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this protest? Is it appropriate?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.