App shows who is polluting – level 1
China has bad air pollution. It is so bad that it has 16 cities on one list. This list has 20 cities on it. They have the worst air pollution in the world.
Someone makes an app. The app shows what factories make too much air pollution. It shows it with data. People can share this data. They can put it on social media. They can show it to officials. The officials can help.
One official likes the app. He thinks that it will help people. He thinks that it will help with air pollution.
Difficult words: air pollution (very small things which are in the air, and which are bad), data (numbers), officials (bosses of the country).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you use this app in your country?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos