Apple-1 on sale – level 1
This news is about a computer. It is the Apple-1. Steve Jobs created it in 1976. He sold it for 600 dollars. He sold it in his parent’s garage. His parent’s house was in California.
The computer was not very powerful. However, it still was very important. It was the first personal computer. Charles Ricketts was the first owner of the computer. It is sometimes called the Ricketts Apple-1.
The old computer is for sale now. It is very expensive. Its price is more than 0.5 million dollars.
Difficult words: sold (past of sell – to give something for money), powerful (“strong”; able to do many things), owner (person who has something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.