Apple-1 on sale – level 2
The Apple-1 personal computer will go on sale at auction. People expect it to fetch more than half a million dollars.
The computer still works. It is the only machine that Steve Jobs sold from his family home in California. Back then, in 1976, its price was 600 dollars.
The Apple-1 had incredibly low power, but its creation was a historic milestone. It was the first personal computer. The first owner of the rare computer was Charles Ricketts. That’s why people sometimes call it the Ricketts Apple-1.
Difficult words: fetch (achieve a particular price when sold), incredibly (very), milestone (point in time when something changes).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos