Apple Electric Car – level 3
Apple’s possible entry into the global market for cars reemerged recently after going quiet since development first began in 2015.
Apple has kept its plans for an autonomous vehicle in secrecy, given the project’s potential to upend the industry, similar to how Apple’s iPhones have changed the consumer-electronics market. However, Apple likely needs to partner with a car manufacturer because setting up a car plant would cost billions of dollars and take many years. Two Korean automakers, Hyundai and Kia, responded to intense speculation about the potential new product by Apple. Both companies confirmed that they weren’t in talks with Apple to develop an autonomous vehicle.
Sales of electric vehicles are booming in Europe, reaching a record high in 2020. According to forecasts, by 2050, around 65% of all passenger-vehicle kilometers traveled will be electric, and there will be around 800 million electric vehicles out of a total 1.5 billion.
Difficult words: reemerge (to appear again), autonomous vehicle (a self-driving car), upend (to turn upside down).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos