April Fool’s Day concert – level 2
More than 2,000 people came to a concert in a Brussels, Belgium, park, but it was a fake concert.
Somebody made a joke on Facebook on April Fool’s Day, 2021. April Fool’s Day is on April 1 and many people in Western countries play tricks and make jokes.
In Belgium, there are many people sick with the coronavirus, and no more than four people can meet outside. The Brussels mayor said that he understood that people wanted to enjoy the warm spring weather, but the event could not continue.
Police used teargas and water cannons to make people leave. Three police officers and two other people were hurt, and officials are now trying to find out who made the post on Facebook.
More than 882,000 people were sick with COVID-19 since the pandemic started, and 23,000 people died.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.