Argentina has a new president – level 3
Argentina elected right-wing libertarian Javier Milei as its new president, with 56% of the vote.
Milei, riding a wave of voter anger, pledged economic shock therapy, including shutting the central bank, ditching the peso, and slashing spending. Supporters celebrated Milei as a symbol of change and hope for the future while acknowledging the monumental challenges ahead—high inflation, unemployment, and poverty. Milei’s win marks a profound rupture in Argentina’s political landscape, challenging the dominance of traditional parties.
Despite concerns about his volatile character and radical plans, Milei aims to address the economic malaise that has plagued the country.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What economic consequences could be expected as a result of President Milei's policies?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.