Argentina sinks a Chinese boat – level 1
An incident happens in Argentina’s waters. There is a Chinese ship. It must not fish there. An Argentinian coastguard comes to the ship.
The Chinese ship moves towards the coastguard. It wants to hit the coastguard. The coastguard warns the ship.
The ship does nothing. The coastguard attacks. It damages the boat and it goes down.
The coastguard saves four Chinese. Another Chinese ship saves the others.
Difficult words: incident (a situation when something bad happens), coastguard (the police in the ocean), damage (to break).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What would you do if you were the Argentinian coastguard?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.