Argentina sinks a Chinese boat – level 2
A Chinese boat was fishing in Argentina’s waters which it was not supposed to do. Argentinian coastguard warned the boat, but the Chinese didn’t answer.
Then the boat was trying to collide with the coastguard. The Argentinians decided to take action and attack the boat. They shot holes in different parts of the fishing boat which then sank.
They rescued four Chinese. Others abandoned the ship and another Chinese ship picked them up.
Difficult words: coastguard (the police in the ocean), collide (to hit), abandon (to leave).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What would you do if you were the Argentinian coastguard?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.