Arrest Dog – level 1
US police officers arrest a black man. The officers put handcuffs on the man´s wrists. It means that the man cannot move easily.
The man is on the ground. He does not try to run away. However, a police officer uses an arrest dog.
The dog holds the man´s leg. The dog bites the man. This lasts 20 seconds. A police officer praises the dog. The police officer says ´good boy´ to the dog.
Later, the arrested man says that he has problems with his leg. Luckily, doctors save the man´s leg.
The police department stop the use of arrest dogs for some time. The police officer is out of a job now. Police must find out all the details about what happens.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.