Arrest Dog – level 3
A police department has temporarily stopped the use of arrest dogs after a shocking bodycam footage came to light.
The video shows US police officers ordering a dog to attack an unresisting black man. The suspect was already handcuffed when the dog latched onto his leg for 20 seconds. In the video, a police officer can be heard repeatedly praising the animal, saying ’good boy’.
The police department said that the officer had been placed on administrative leave. According to the suspect, the injury was avoidable; however, he also said that he suffered permanent nerve and tendon damage with infections that could lead to amputation.
The incident happened almost one month before George Floyd’s death.
Difficult words: come to light (to be revealed), latch (to hold), tendon (a tissue that joins muscles to bones), amputation (the removal of an arm or a leg).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos