Art Exhibition for Dogs – level 3
Some people might consider a trip to an art gallery a perfect date, but now it’s a doggy play-date – there is an interactive art exhibition purely for dogs in London.
One installation is called cruising canines which consists of a mock-up side of a car and a big fan – here dogs can get the sensation of sticking their heads out of a car window – a favourite past-time for many of them.
Just to confuse the canine visitors, there’s a 3-metre dog bowl filled with play balls made to look like a dog’s dinner. Lastly, for dogs that do not mind a wash, there is a watery wonder with fountains magically jumping between dog bowls.
The artist said that he thinks that play is really important to a dog’s mental and physical well-being, and he hopes that the artwork gets a lot of dogs’ tails wagging.
Difficult words: interactive (when you can do something with the art, not just look), purely (only), cruise (travel, move), canine (a scientific word for ‘dog’), mock-up (a model), sensation (a feeling), wag (move backwards and forwards – dogs often wag their tails when they are happy or excited).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.