Art vs Guns – level 2
The National Rifle Association (NRA) is an American organisation which is for gun rights. In one of its adverts, it used an image of the famous sculpture ’The Bean’.
The creator of ‘The Bean’, the British sculptor Anish Kapoor, was ‘disgusted’ that his art was used in ‘a campaign of fear and hate’. He wanted the NRA to remove the image, and the NRA did not remove the image right away, but did so eventually.
The artist said that the victory was ‘a declaration that we stand with those who oppose gun violence’.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.