Asteroid Protection – level 2
NASA and FEMA (the Federal Emergency Management Agency) are working together. They are going to have a training of things to do if an asteroid comes towards the earth.
Scientists from across the world are attending a conference this week. They are going to talk about objects which can put the earth in danger and about the things the people can do to stop them.
NASA says that there is little chance that an asteroid will hit the earth.
Difficult words: emergency (a situation when somebody is in danger), attend (be at an event), object (a thing).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos