Astronauts are going to the ISS – level 1
This news is about three astronauts. One is British, one is American and one is Russian.
They are training. They will go to the International Space Station. They will go there in a few weeks. The mission will be 7 months long.
The British astronaut will be the first British astronaut on the International Space Station.
Some astronauts are already on the International Space Station. They celebrate Thanksgiving. They eat turkey.
Difficult words: train (practise, get ready for something), will (this means “in the future”), celebrate (have fun).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this the astronauts and the International Space Station?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.