Athletes have problems to get to Tokyo – level 1
Tokyo 2020 The Olympics are starting in three weeks. The coronavirus is still in many countries. Olympic athletes have problems. They cannot get to Tokyo. Some countries have strict rules. People cannot travel there.
For example, Singapore is a very big city. A big airport is there. Many people from Europe travel to Asia through Singapore. Now, people cannot travel through Singapore.
All athletes must have a vaccination. Some athletes get the coronavirus. They do not know if they can go to Tokyo.
Also, athletes usually train in the city where the Olympics are. It is not possible this year. It is very difficult to travel.
Difficult words: athlete (a person who plays a sport as his job), rules (what people must or must not do), vaccination (a special medicine which stops someone from getting a disease), train (to get ready for a game or match).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.