Attack at Chinese Consulate – level 1
In Karachi, Pakistan a separatist group attacks a Chinese government building. It says that China is an ‘oppressor’. It does not want China in Pakistan. The attack kills two officers and two civilians.
There is a video of the attack. We are not sure who the people are in the video. The people could be the attackers. They could also be guards coming to the attack.
Difficult words: separatist group (a group which does not want to be a part of a bigger group), oppressor (a country which makes other countries do what they want them to do), civilian (a person who is not a part of the military or the police).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos