Attack at Chinese Consulate – level 2
In Karachi, Pakistan a separatist group claimed responsibility for an attack at a Chinese government building because it does not want China in Pakistan. It calls China an ‘oppressor’.
The attack killed two police officers and two civilians who were collecting paperwork for Chinese people in Pakistan. It is unclear who the people are in the video of the attack. It could be either the attackers or security guards.
Difficult words: separatist (a person or people who do not want to be a part of a larger group), claim responsibility (admit that you did something), oppressor (a country which makes other countries do what they want them to do), civilian (an ordinary person who is not a part of the military or the police).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.