Attack at Wedding – level 2
ISIS claimed responsibility for a suicide bombing at a wedding in Kabul, Afghanistan’s capital. The wedding took place on Saturday the 18th and more than 1,000 guests attended it.
Sixty-three people died and more than 180 were injured. Many of the dead were children. The bride and groom survived.
A young Pakistani man with an assault rifle carried out the attack, and then he detonated an explosive vest. ISIS said that the attack was against Shiite Islam followers. ISIS also claimed responsibility for a car bombing after the attack at the wedding.
Difficult words: claim responsibility (say that you did something), assault rifle (a big gun which can shoot fast), detonate (cause to explode).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos