Attack in a hospital – level 1
A man is at a hospital. He is very confused. He is 68 years old. The hospital is in Minnesota.
The man attacks the nurses there. He tries to hit them with a metal bar. He injures four medical workers. People call the police. They stop and arrest the man.
However, he is not well. He goes back to hospital, and he dies there.
Difficult words: confused (when you are confused, you do not know what is happening), bar (a long piece), arrest (take to police station).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think happened?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos