Attack in a hospital – level 2
A 68 year-old man attacked nurses with a metal bar at a hospital in Minnesota. He injured four medical workers.
People called police officers to the scene and they tasered the man. They arrested him, but soon moved him back to the hospital because he was not well. He died there.
Doctors admitted the man to the hospital because he was delusional and confused. The cause of his death is under investigation.
Difficult words: taser (to stop somebody by using a taser which is an electrical weapon), delusional (when you think that something is happening that is not happening), confused (when you do not know what is going on).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think happened?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos