Attack in a hospital – level 3
This frightening video footage shows a man attacking nurses at a hospital in Minnesota on Sunday.
Maplewood Police released the CCTV showing 68-year-old Charles Emmett Logan burst into a nursing station and attack the nurses with a metal bar, leaving four medical workers injured.
The security system video captured Logan chasing nurses, beating them with the bar, part of medical equipment.
Police officers who were called on the scene shot Logan with a taser after he refused to drop the metal bar.
He was tackled and handcuffed, but soon went limp, and was rushed back to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The officials said Logan was admitted to the hospital after suffering bouts of confusion and delusions. The cause of death is under investigation.
Difficult words: footage (video), burst (enter suddenly), CCTV (security camera video), taser (a weapon which paralysis you with electricity), tackle (knock to the ground), go limp (when your body no longer can move), admit (be allowed to enter), bout (a short period), delusion (a person’s belief which is different from the reality).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.