Attack in Addis Ababa – level 1
This news is from Ethiopia. Ethiopia has a new prime minister. His name is Abiy Ahmed. He is a reformist. He gives a speech in Addis Ababa. People listen to him. After he stops talking, there is an explosion. Eighty-three people are injured.
Difficult words: reformist (a person who wants reformation – to change things over time), give a speech (talk about something important in front of many people), be injured (have problems with your body).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos