Attack in Iran – level 2
This Saturday there was an attack at a military parade in Iran where at least 29 people died and 70 others were injured. The victims were both military personnel and civilians. People killed three of the attackers and arrested one.
The separatist group the Patriotic Arab Democratic Movement claimed responsibility for the attack.
Difficult words: military (the army), victim (a person who dies or is injured), separatist (a group which wants to separate – break off a piece of country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos