Attack in Iran – level 3
At least 29 people died and 70 others were wounded in an attack at a military parade in the Iranian city of Ahvaz this Saturday.
The victims were both military personnel and civilians, including a journalist, who was watching the parade. People reported that security forces gunned down three of the attackers during clashes and arrested one.
The separatist group the Patriotic Arab Democratic Movement claimed responsibility for the attack. It is an organisation which ‘foreign antagonists’ support, including Saudi Arabia, as reported by the state-run Islamic Republic News Agency.
Difficult words: wounded (injured), clash (a fight), antagonist (a rival or an enemy).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos