Attack in Kabul – level 2
Elections are planned for October in Afghanistan, and people are coming to registering centres. In a week, there were four attacks at registration centres.
The latest attack was the deadliest – 57 people died and 119 people were injured. More than five of the dead were children. People say that they were students at a nearby high school.
The Islamic State group claimed that it carried out the attack.
Difficult words: election (when people choose their leaders or their laws), registration centre (a centre where people register – give information about themselves so that they can do something), claim (say).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.