Attack in Kashmir – level 3
At least 17 soldiers died during an attack by militants at an Indian army base in Kashmir. Four attackers died after storming the base near the Line of Control with Pakistan.
The army used helicopters to evacuate injured soldiers from the base.
People set a building and several tents on fire during the attack.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi condemned what he called the “cowardly terror attack”.
Difficult words: militant (an aggressive, radical person), storm (attack), the Line of Control (an unofficial border between Pakistan and India).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos