Attack on Ecuador TV – level 1
In Ecuador, people with guns attack a TV station. It happens during a live show.
The attackers hurt people at the TV station. Police save the TV people and arrest the attackers. The president says that some gangs are very bad. Soldiers will fight with them. The situation in the country worries everyone. There is fighting in prisons. Some gangs are causing problems. The president wants a new prison, but some people do not like it.
People in Ecuador are scared. The president wants to make them safe. Last year, many people get hurt, and now it is even worse. Other countries must do something, too. For example, China closes its embassy in Ecuador.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
How does the president plan to address the increasing violence and unrest caused by gangs in Ecuador?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.