Attack on Nancy Pelosi’s husband – level 1
Nancy Pelosi is an American politician. She is the House Speaker. She lives with her husband in their home in San Francisco, California.
A man breaks a back window in her house. He gets into the house. He wants to meet Nancy Pelosi. She is not inside. She is in Washington DC.
The man attacks Nancy’s husband named Paul. He attacks Paul with a hammer. He breaks his head. Paul just get a surgery.
The attacker is David DePape. He is 42 years old. Police say that he plans the attack carefully. He posts conspiracy ideas on social media. Police say he has attempted homicide.
Difficult words: House Speaker (the leader of the House of Representatives; it is a group in the US government), conspiracy (a secret plan by a group of powerful people), attempted homicide (when a person tries to kill someone).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.