Attack on Supreme Court – level 2
A helicopter dropped grenades on Venezuela’s Supreme Court. People could also hear shots during the attack.
The attackers released a video. They said that their attack could either be condemned or it could be the start of freeing the people from the corrupt government. They said that they were warriors of God and that their mission was to serve their people.
Nobody was injured in the attack. President Nicolás Maduro condemned the incident and called it an act of terror. The incident was in protest of Venezuela’s political and economic crisis, and it is one of many in the country recently.
Difficult words: condemn (say that something is very bad), crisis (a difficult time or a time of danger).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos