Attack on Supreme Court – level 3
The moment that Venezuela’s Supreme Court was attacked by grenades that were dropped from a helicopter was caught on camera. People could also hear shots during the attack that was carried out by an anti-government police officer.
The attackers released a video saying that they had two choices – they could be judged tomorrow by their consciences and the people, or they could begin to free their people from the corrupt government. They said that they were warriors of God and that their mission was to live to serve their people. They concluded by shouting, ‘Long live Venezuela!’.
No injuries were reported in the attack, but President Nicolás Maduro called it an act of terror, adding that this was the kind of armed escalation that he had been denouncing. The incident protesting the political and economic crisis is one of many in the country recently.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.