Attacks in Paris – level 1
There are attacks in Paris. They kill at least 120 people.
The first attack happens at 9:30 p.m. on Friday. It happens near a stadium. The stadium is in the north of the city.
An hour later, there are two shootings. One happens at a bar. The second happens at a restaurant. The shootings kill fourteen peopl.
The deadliest attack happens at 11 p.m. Four gunmen enter a concert hall. There are a lot of people there. They are at a concert. The gunmen start shooting them. They kill more than 80 people.
Difficult words: shooting (a situation when somebody shoots people), gunman (a man with a gun who commits a crime).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about these attacks?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.