Auschwitz Products on Amazon – level 2
Amazon removed Christmas products from its site because they showed images of Auschwitz, a concentration camp in Poland.
For example, some of the products were bottle openers or mouse pads. The Auschwitz Memorial tweeted about them, and a lot of people got very angry and started to complain.
Auschwitz Memorial said that the products are worrying, and they show no respect to the history or the people who died in the concentration camps.
An Amazon spokesperson said that the company stopped selling the products. They also reminded that all people who sell products on Amazon must follow the rules. If they do not follow the rules, Amazon can delete their accounts.
Difficult words: concentration camp (a place for prisoners or minorities during the Second World War, where very many people worked and lived in a small area, and most people died there), complain (to say that a person is not happy with something), worrying (the situation which makes people feel unhappy or frightened).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.